Sunday, September 21, 2014

Easy Cobb Salad

In Texas, I'm kind of slow to get to the kitchen to cook/bake these days, I don't want to add any heat to the inside of the house. Our grill did move here with us (yay! :D) but it's not set up to be easily accessed at the moment. You work with what you have sometimes. :) This recipe just kind of happened the other night, I followed a craving, what can I say? :) I didn't necessarily know this is what it would turn out to be, but I'm so glad it did! This is minimal cooking and you get a bunch of delicious goodness by way of the veggies here. Get it! Get it!

The flavor packs a punch! I don't always have time (or the desire ;)) to make hard boiled eggs or ham that would equate to ham cubes you usually see in a cobb salad. This recipe is a great compromise on items you might normally have for a cobb salad versus what you would see in one if you order it at a restaurant.


Easy Cobb Salad
Serves 1

What you Need:

2 Bacon Strips Cooked (Save your bacon grease! ;))
2 Eggs (Size of your choice!)
1/2 - 1 Cup Spinach
1 Roma Tomato Chopped
1 Small Avocado Chopped
1/2 Cucumber Chopped
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
Ranch Dressing

Optional:
3 Miniature Pickles (I love Polish Pickles!!! :))
Cholula Sauce
Salt & Pepper to your taste

What you Do:
I cooked the eggs and bacon at the same time on the stove top. The eggs I made over easy because if you like saucy stuff like I do the runny yolk adds to the dressing! Alternatively, you can cook these over hard and cut it into pieces or scramble them and add to the salad.

I suggest using a plate for this salad - I always tend to make a mess if I try to put mine in a bowl and mix it later.

Add all the veggies to your plate, top with the egg and bacon. Lastly add the ranch and if you want more of a pop in flavor cut up some pickles and add cholula sauce. I've also picked up a habit of salt and peppering all my salads. It enhances the flavor okay? ;)

Enjoy the awesome mix of veggies and protein! Man salads make me happy! ^-^ What's your favorite salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment