Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chocolate Flaxseed Bread - Low Carb

Can I just say I love that cocoa is low carb? Per Tablespoon, this chocolate unsweetened powder has 3 g of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber = net carb per Tablespoon of 1. This recipe calls for 6 Tablespoons for the whole kitten caboodle.

And flaxseed meal!? Well, that powerhouse food is 49 grams of carbs and 46 grams of fiber = net carb of 3grams per cup! True story... :)

I find the experience of eating a slice of this bread versus a mini donut of it far more satisfying.
 I hope you like it too!

My husband has been giving me other ideas, to take this recipe to yet another level :). I think it's a recipe for Christmas but if I get antsy I'll get into it to perfect it before then hopefully. LOL Can you wait till Christmas to find out? Maybe I'll move the deadline up to Thanksgiving ;). Maybe...


Chocolate Flaxseed Bread
Pin it for later HERE.

1 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup unflavored whey protein
1/4 cup Swerve (or 1/4 c Erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)

6 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp butter
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

Options: 
- Add 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- Add 2 Tablespoons chopped dark chocolate

What You Do:

1) Mix all dry ingredients.

2) Melt butter in microwave.

3) Add almond milk and vanilla, stir till mixed. 

4) Add melted butter and lightly beaten eggs. Mix well.

5) Let sit for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

6) Spray bread pan liberally with coconut oil.

7) After you've let the batter sit for 10 minutes, pour into bread pan.


8) Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Once the top of your loaf if firm, it's done.  

Serve warm or cool. 

I've found after slicing the bread, putting butter or peanut butter on top makes them taste pretty awesome! As always, tailor to your diet needs. I do not add nutrition facts to my recipes because looking at the ingredients, etc. is always up to the consumer. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    Detox ตับ

    ReplyDelete