Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cinnamon Crisp Cookies - Gluten Free & Low Carb

It occurred to me as I shared my first post on Honest to Goodness Eats that I have seriously been lacking in the desserts area. So in an effort to add to the list of desserts that are gluten, sugar and flour free I present to you, for your eating pleasure...



Cinnamon Crisp Cookies
Pin it for later HERE.

What you'll need:
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve (or 1/3 cup Erythitol & 1/4 tsp liquid stevia glycerite)
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

What to do:

1) In a medium bowl add all dry ingredients - almond flour, swerve, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk all ingredients together.

2) In a small bowl mix together melted butter (or coconut oil) and vanilla.

3) Mix wet and dry ingredients, then chill in fridge for about 30 minutes.


4) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

5) Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick, cut out cookies with a cookie cutter about  an inch and half width.

6) Using a metal spatula, transfer cut out cookie to cookie sheet.


7) Bake at 350 for 10 - 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.


I recommend serving these once they are completely cooles to get a truely crispy cookie! 

My apologies to Santa, he'll have to wait till next year to have these on Christmas! ;) 

I hope you and yours enjoy these!




No comments:

Post a Comment