Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Spiced Pecans - Low Carb, Gluten & Sugar Free Recipe

We had a group of friends over and while I didn't have time to throw together a meal, I knew we'd do well to have some finger food for them. So I present for you a culinary arts display of colorful veggies...  an assortment of cheese... and spiced pecans to boot! Feast your eyes! ;)






In this spread you see:

- Cucumbers
- Grape Tomatoes
- Green, Red and Yellow Peppers
- Baby Carrots
- Celery
(Literal) Side note here:
I. LOVE. CELERY, TOMATOES & CUCUMBERS!
In dips, salads, etc. 

The dip consists of: 
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of my own spice mix goodness that will remind people of ranch. Yes. Will share later! 

The Cheeses:
- Mild Sharp Cheddar
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Monterrey Jack Cheese

I cut the vegetables into sticks for easy dipping and the cheeses I cut into cubes. What you're really here for though is the pecans... I know.. I see it in your eyes. Here's the recipe for the spiced pecans already ;) ...


Spiced Pecans:

What you'll need: 
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari Sauce
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder

What to do: 
1) Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
2) In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, Tamari, Cayenne and Garlic Salt. 
3) Add pecans to mix and coat. 
4) From the Tablespoon shake Chili Powder over pecans and stir to coat.
5) Spread pecans on a baking sheet (parchment paper would work wonders here, you know - for clean up sake ;)).
6) Bake nuts for about 30 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes. 
7) Let cool a bit before serving.

In closing... if you miss Chex mix... these spiced pecans will satisfy that craving. 
These are salty, crunchy, slightly spicy and fun to eat! But don't take my word for it ;)

Finger Food for the win! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment