Friday, August 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies - For Low Carbers

Does this happen to you? You're in the kitchen, you decide it's time to make something, one things leads to another and you get this snowball affect of making one recipe after another after another?

That was me, that was me last night. In the end, totally worth it of course! :D I'm finding with the Texas summer heat, during the day is not a good time to bake. Everyone will be feeling the ill affects of a 350 - 400 degree oven and add insult to injury of the heat! But that's okay, where there's a will there's a way... and if you're in the flow you might as well keep on keeping on until you've decided you're done. Amiright?

I made a total of 4 recipes last night. All of which needed to be baked so it was a good thing I started at 8pm. I was done with dishes cleaned and put away well before 11pm. The line up was as follows (and yes, they are linked recipes!! ^-^ You're welcome! :D ;))




I then decided to play around with a peanut butter cookie recipe. This time I think I struck the right balance (before I wasn't so sure about the salt, I couldn't taste it, I think this was due in part because of the peanut butter I used).

My husband said he thinks these are even better the next day, which is great! :D I will say I'm seeing a trend with him... he tends to like the recipes I make with swerve better when they are cooled off. Food for thought.  ;)

Peanut Butter Cookies
For Low Carbers

Yields about 20 - 24 cookies

What You'll Need:
1 Cup Swerve ( or 1 cup erythritol and 1 tsp stevia)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Peanut Flour
2 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

Optional: 1/2 Cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips

What You'll Do:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl beat together the swerve and peanut butter, mix well. Add the remaining ingredients one at a time mixing after each addition.
3) Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. With a fork make criss-cross marks on top of each ball to flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness.
4) Bake 8-10 minutes. Pull cookies out of the oven and let them sit on the pan for a few minutes before moving. They will continue to cook and harden up a bit.

Serve warm or cold. These make a good dessert but could also pass for breakfast - I'm serious! :)

Any and all feed back is welcome! I hope you like these! :D

I couldn't wait to get these out of the oven! 
Taking a photo of them as they cooked felt like the right thing to do. ;)


And as they cooled off... 



Worth noting: Peanut butter flour has 32 grams of carbs per cup, these cookies go down easier than the standard low carb cookies out there that have 1 cup peanut butter,
1 cup substituted sweetener, a few eggs and vanilla. However, the cookies in this recipe, if you ate them all in one sitting, (don't do it! XD) the cup of peanut flour packs 32 grams of carbs - so be careful if you have a strict carb count you are trying to keep :). Granted 32 grams of carbohydrates versus
127 grams that regular flour has, this recipe makes a nice treat in comparison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment