Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chicken Cilantro & Bacon Soup for your Crock Pot - Low Carb & Paleo Friendly

The flu hit our house this year. It got me first and while I'm definitely on the mend and can see the light at the end of the tunnel I'm not taking that for granted! I'm nursing the soups! ;) Now that I have a bit more energy I'm making a soup for the family. My dear husband, I'm sorry to report is ill but with a cold rather than the flu! Luckily he's much more mobile than I was while ill as well. Until we're back to our work routines and normal energy level I think it will be soups and broth for us! :) Which means... its time to share another soup recipe! Ha! January is shaping up to be full of soup recipes! :D I hope you like them all! ^-^


Chicken Cilantro & Bacon Soup
Pin it for later HERE.

What You Need:

2 Chicken Breasts Shredded
6 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
6 Cups Chicken Stock
4 Tablespoons Bacon grease, divided
6 Bacon strips cooked and crumbled
3/4 Cup chopped Onion
2 Scallions chopped
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper

Optional: Avocado

What To Do:

1) In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 1 Tablespoon of the bacon grease. Add chicken to skillet and cook until there is no pink in the center. Transfer chicken to a glass plate and shred with a fork.

2) Add shredded chicken to crock pot with all other ingredients (exception of avocado ;)).

3) Set crock pot to Keep Warm for 8 hours or Low for 4 hours.

4) Serve warm with a topping of avocado.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment