Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Homemade Bone Broth - Helpful Links

We saw about 5 inches of snow here in Northern Virginia today. I was thankful I had my bone broth ready to go!  This was my first attempt at bone broth and while I'd say it flopped ( ie. didn't gel, flavor was bland ) I added a bit of my own gelatin to make sure I had that in there ;) and some Himalayan salt as it was in need of it! :D Lessons were learned and I know it will be better next time, so it's all good!



Back to the drawing board, I perused the internets and found some knowledgable resources for the next time I make chicken bone broth. And because this blog serves to share my culinary creations and the information I find along the way I hope you find these entries helpful too! Enjoy!

Chicken Bone Broth Recipe from Oh Lardy!

10 Reasons I Drink Bone Broth from Kitchen Stewardship

5 Reasons Why Your Stock Won't Gel from The Healthy Home Economist

No comments:

Post a Comment