Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Peanut Chicken - Thai Style - Low Carb & Keto Friendly Recipe

Woo! :) I'm glad to be back sharing a few recipes with you! We've had some major house projects as of late, and then, well, trying to sell our house, etc. Which is why I've been a bit off my cooking/baking game. Sorry for the crickets! ;) Lots of changes are still on the horizon but I hope I'll be snapping pics and sharing recipes with you so you can get your delicious eat on! ;D Yes.

Alright, so Pinterest - love the stuff! I tend to use that site more than Google these days. You get instant photos with descriptions and that's great when you're looking for foodie ideas in my book :). I love me some peanut butter and chicken, well um, anything :). Lets explore the low carb/keto options for this dish shall we? This recipe was inspired by RuledMe's Recipe I did not have all items on hand so I improvised and it came out smashingly good... there were NO leftovers. Case and point ;).


Peanut Chicken
Thai Style

Serves 3 - 5

What You Need:
- 8 chicken tenderloins cut into roughly 1 inch squares
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbspns Olive Oil
- 2 Tbspns Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbspn Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbspn Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbspn Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tbspn Erythritol
- 1 Tspn Macadamia Nut Oil (any oil would do here that fits your diet)
- 1/2 Tspn Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Tspn Crushed Pepper
- 1/4 Tspn Coriander
- Salt and Pepper to taste


What You'll Do:
1) Over Medium heat, put olive oil in Medium sized pan and cook chicken until all sides are browned.
2) Meanwhile, put broccoli in microwave safe bowl, add 2 - 4 Tablespoons of water and cover. Place in microwave for 8 - 10 minutes until desired tenderness is achieved.
3) Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. Let simmer for about 5 -7 minutes, or  until broccoli is ready.
4) Serve warm.




Something I will probably do next time is heat up the broccoli as I outlined here in the recipe, but will then mix it in with the chicken before serving.. Either way, its yummy, I just prefer most things to have a sauce on them. I'm kind of an otter, what can I say. :D

I hope you enjoy the recipe! Like I said, there were no leftovers at my house. This is a dangerous recipe ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment